One Great George Street recently scooped the coveted title of 'Best Film Location Venue' at the Prestigious Star Awards. Our Westminster filming location in the city of London provides an ideal internal setting for feature filming, period dramas and television series. Film and drama-makers love its many features when looking for an impressive historic setting. Our classic and period-featured Grade II listed building is ideal.
When considering filming locations in London, Location Managers can gain exclusive use of our historic Central London building with hire by prior arrangement during evenings, weekends and selected holiday periods.
We have a variety of spectacular backdrops, stately film locations and historic television filming areas available. Your allocated dedicated event co-ordinator will collaborate with location managers, film production crews, film directors and photographers to suggest the most suitable space in line with the theme and budget.
Here is an in exhaustive list of versatile areas for filming locations
- Period features
- Grand staircase
- Large entrance foyer of Portland stone walls and columns
- French marble floors
- Elaborate fireplaces
- Ornate and oak panelled rooms
- Gold leaf detail
- Large chandeliers
- Oak wood floors
- Ballroom (Great Hall)
- Portland stone – good for external shots of a London Street
Lights, Camera, Action! – Technical Information
We have full three-phase power available in most areas. In our experience, most film crews have a preference for using their own equipment but we have an in-house audio visual team with head office back-up should any further audio visual equipment be needed. We work as successfully in partnership with film production as we do independently via use of our in-house Eclipse team.
- War Machine, 2016
- Woman in Gold, 2015
- Fast and Furious 6, 2012
- In the Loop, 2009
- Hattrick, 2007
- Starter for 10, 2006
- Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason – Our Great Hall became the Guildhall for a law society dinner to which Mark Darcy (international human rights lawyer) invited Bridget. Bridget is also filmed running down our grand staircase, 2004
- Bean, The Great Hall doubles as the National Gallery, where Mr.Bean is a guard, in Mr. Bean: Ultimate Disaster Movie 1997
- Eyes Wide Shut staring Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise , 1993
- Around the World in Eighty Days used the classic interiors for its authentic period locations, a film starring Piers Brosnan and Brian Blessed. The Council Room was the setting for Phileas Fogg’s office filmed around 1992
- Cambridge Spies, late 1990’s
- MacGyver - Lost Treasure of Atlantis ( an American TV mini-series) around 1993
- The Bourne Identity staring Richard Chamberlain and Jaclyn Smith, 1988
- Gandhi, Award winning and epic played by Ben Kingsley, 1982
- Reds with Warren Beatty and Diane Keaton in 1981
- The Night Manager (numerous episodes)
- Spooks (numerous episodes)
- Foyle's War Period drama
- In Deep BBC series
- Between The Lines BBC series
- John Thaw’s legal drama Kavanagh QC
- Silent Witness
- In the Loop, stately locations for political satire
If you are looking for a filming location venue in Westminster with stately, ornate and period features for a feature film or television series, look no further than One Great George Street.
For more information or to make an enquiry please call 020 7665 2323 (option 1), email [email protected], or simply fill out our enquiry form.