Here at One Great George Street we’ve worked hard to understand how to make life easier for those who are less mobile particularly wheelchair users attending our venue for a Westminster based event.
These products and features are available for visitors and you’ll find a detailed rundown of all our accessibility features, products and services in our downloadable Accessibility Statement document.
- A platform lift with integrated into steps at the main entrance provides a step free front entrance route into the building.
- There’s a call bell with wheelchair graphic by front door connected to reception. This alerts staff immediately to presence of anyone needing help
- We also have a wheelchair accessible entrance at the rear of the building for VIP and discreet arrivals
- Half of reception desk is adapted to an ideal height for wheelchair users
- The main access routes through the building and many meeting rooms have uncarpeted floors – this helps manoeuvrability for wheelchair users
- All internal corridors are wide enough to allow unrestricted access throughout the building
- Our two purpose-built theatres the Telford and Godfrey Mitchell have been adapted to include space for wheelchair users.
- Passenger lifts are large enough to accommodate a guest using a standard wheelchair plus a companion or carer
- Both have sufficient space to turn a wheelchair and all impediments have been removed (One lift is 0.8M wide x 1m deep and the other 0.7M wide x 1.1m deep)
- Control buttons within the lifts are at an accessible height
- Six evacuation chairs are located on stair landings throughout the building for use in emergency evacuation of people with mobility issues
- All staff are trained in the use of these chairs and we make sure there are always enough trained staff available on duty who can use them safely
- Two sets of accessible toilets on different floors which are suitable for wheelchair users. One is on the lower ground floor near the lift and the other close to the first floor lift
- Both are equipped with emergency alarm, support and grab rails, fixtures and fittings
- Our main purpose-built theatre (Telford Theatre) has been adapted to include a low gradient ramp and handrail leading to the stage area
- A lightweight portable ramp is available for access to non-permanent stages
- New handrails have been fitted to all stairs
If you need any more information don’t hesitate to contact us or on 020 7665 2323 and we’ll be delighted to help.